Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Great products + Folic Acid = Good hair



Visiting my LA hairdresser recently (the excellent Amanda at Luxe Lab in Santa Monica), I received a welcome compliment on the improved quality of my hair. I put this little victory over my formerly brittle strands down to a couple of factors: For the past three months I've been supplementing my diet with Folic Acid (not only does it make your hair grow faster, it also strengthens bones, skin and nails), and twice weekly I lather up with Philip B African Shea Butter Shampoo. This is hands down the best shampoo I have ever tried; rich in texture and fantastically nurturing without ever weighing the hair down. It is also fragrance free which is great if you have sensitive skin or want to add a scented conditioner. Granted, at $39 a pop it's hardly a bargain, but if one were to view it as a yearly treatment - rather than a daily hair wash - the high cost could be somewhat justified... :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily!
Does the shampoo work for blond highlighted hair too? Can you recommend a conditioner to go with it?

/Jenny

Emelie Stanfield said...

Hello Jenny,

Yes this shampoo is extremely mild and definitely safe for colour treated hair of all shades. I find it so hydrating that I actually skip the conditioner when I use it. (All I need is a little serum before blow drying!) But if you check out the brand website you'll find a lightweight conditioning "rinse" with the same name.

Jenny Murray said...

Thank You! Can't wait to try it :0)

/Jenny

Related Posts with Thumbnails