Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Bath time!

It's still raining her in L.A. And yes, that means it's been going on for almost two weeks straight. Very unusual for California. I've been thinking how glad I am that we're not having any out of town visitors right now; What a shame it would have been if someone had travelled all the way from say, Sweden to get some winter sun, only to be greeted by all this drizzle and chill...

Anyhow, to warm and cheer up in this kind of weather, I just love a good long bath; It soothes body and soul so much better than a simple shower. In fact, having a proper tub where I live has always been of such paramount importance to me, that every time Sean and I move, (and we've moved a lot - we are currently on our 9th apartment in 10 years... And counting.) it tops my list of 'in home priorities'. (Closely followed by hardwood floors and a dishwasher).
For my bath indulgences, I used to favour bubbles, then I graduated to oils. Lately though, I've been all about the salt as I discovered the wonders it does for one's skin. Any old sea salt will do - no need to bother with those fancy coloured and/or scented kinds in the store - there's really no discernible difference other than the price tag. Instead, blend a couple of tablespoons of (coarse) sea salt with a few drops of essential oil (lavender is a fave), put the mixture in a pretty porcelain jar and scoop into a tub full of hot, hot water...


My Bubble Bath
Author: unknown
Once I’m in my bubble bath
I like to stir up more.
Half the suds go in my eyes
And half go on the floor.
The fun is in the bubbles ‘cause
They giggle on my skin,
And when I stick them on my face
They dangle from my chin.


When I splash them hard enough
They pop and disappear,
Then my bath time’s over ‘cause
I’v made the water clear!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails