Monday, January 18, 2010

I want my money back



     This morning, outside our window 

... So "it never rains in southern California", eh?

(Actually, since it's so rare here, I don't mind a bit of downpour... And it's nice to be able to stay inside and veg out guilt-free for once :) Speaking of, did you watch the Golden Globes last night? Those poor girls in their fancy frocks -you'd think they could have put up a canopy or something. Anyway, I haven't seen Avatar yet (not sure I will either, I mean blue people - makes me think of The Smurfs), so I didn't know what all the fuss was about... But I'm sure it was a worthy winner what with it having taken 10 years to make and all. Ricky Gervais was a hilarious host I thought... But that was to be expected, and I thought Meryl Streep gave the best speach. As for the fashion - below are Elle's picks for 'best dressed'. My personal fave was definitely Maggie Gyllenhaal in Roland Mouret (top left); sophisticated and understated.

Golden Globes fashion


3 comments:

Jenny Murray said...

Yes Maggie G looked great, but my pick for best dressed was Cameron Diaz. Love her bright red dress!!!

Anonymous said...

Emily Blunt!!

peggy Olcott said...

I agree about the weather... I thought I had moved from Seattle! Go figure!

Related Posts with Thumbnails