Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A New Season


And just like that, it feels like spring! I was pleasantly roused early this morning by warm, bright sunshine flooding in through our bedroom window. When I looked out, it was as if the world had come alive; The sky had that particular shade of bright, clean blue like it was just thoroughly washed... and I even heard some bird-chirping sounds from a nearby bush. The fruit tree in the  picture grows in the front of our building, and just today I noticed that it's already in full bloom.
These lovely signs that winter is almost over makes me excited to look ahead and think of the new season - what things to do, places to see and people to meet. And then, of course, there's spring fashion...
Apart from reading the usual magazines (Vogue, Elle, In style, Harpers Bazaar etc.) in order to get a good overview of current trends, I also like to visit this web site: http://www.style.com/. It offers very extensive reports from all the major runways, just click through to "Fashion shows" and check out the latest from your favourite designers. To organise the looks you like best, the site even lets you create your own 'Look Book' - a great tool if you're planning an especially substantial shopping spree... Well, a girl can dream :)


Below; some of my points of reference for the coming months.



3 comments:

Liz said...

Beautiful. I heard the birds this morning too - but if I remember, the birds are especially chirpy in sunny CA. Enjoy!

Josie said...

I cannot wait for spring to arrive here in NYC so I can wear my new Marc J dresses.

Love the blog!

Josie

Anonymous said...

Great -spring...
...hmmm last nigt 2 more dm of snow, and now its snowing again. I love the winter...
...
In Sthlm spring wont arrive for another couple of months:)
Det här är jättesnyggt Mimsan syster"datahacker"yster!!!
Ajm imponerad!
x
/J

Related Posts with Thumbnails