Friday, March 05, 2010

(Oscar) Quote of Note


"Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months." Oscar Wilde

...Well, that's certainly one way of looking at it.  He was very dapper though, that Mr. Wilde, for somebody who professed such dislike for fashion!

...And whilst on the subject of Oscar;  Are you getting excited about Sunday's big bonanza yet? Here in L.A. the Oscars are pretty hard to ignore, what with endless "Oscar buzz" in the media, traffic re-directions in Hollywood about a week in advance, and advertising, advertising, advertising galore. Not that I mind, mind you - I've loved this event ever since I was a bonnie wee lass in Sweden, staying up into the early hours of morning on a school night (they used to show the Oscars live, and the time difference meant it would finish at like 5am) in order to soak up every single second of all that far flung, out of reach glamour. So perhaps you can imagine how thrilling the Oscars are for me now, 20 years or so later, that I am actually here! No, not here as in "I have arrived" and am attending or anything... But in the sense that I reside just a few minutes away from the Kodak theatre, (!) and can watch the Oscar gala as it is happening, at the time it is meant to be watched, and the traffic-jams and other inconveniences like buzzing helicopters, booked up beauty salons etc. might actually effect me! :) (I know, I know, but it simply has to be good enough... For now.)

Happy Oscar Weekend Friday!


2 comments:

Courtney L said...

You should come to our house, we host a big bash every year in honor of film, glamour and Hollywood!! (Any excuse to get drunk on a sunday night LOL)

Anonymous said...

Wohoo the Oscars!!! I love them too - especially the red carpet!

Jenny

Related Posts with Thumbnails