Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Clever Colour Combo: Black White & Lemon



Although this isn't quite what I would call "my style", (I tend to favour softer colours) I must say I really like the thought of a black and white hallway with zesty pops of lemon or lime. The room in the picture above looks so clean and crisp; I imagine my mood would lift just by passing through... But should something a little less stark be desired, then how about throwing some cobalt blue into the mix? Chic and pleasingly unexpected, don't you think?

8 comments:

Diana Mieczan said...

I never though about this combination, but I have to say: I really like it. Especially the blue...
Hmmm much unexpected...
Kisses:)

Jenny Murray said...

Love the entry way - those sripes are very cool!

xoxoJenny

Josie said...

Oh I really like this. Nice!

xo

shari @ little blue deer said...

I love this combo, with lime green, especially. I designed a logo last year with these colors and it was really popular, I was so pleased with the look. Great post!

Persis Shah said...

I think using a black and white combo guarantees instant style and drama in a room. I love this image...thanks for sharing!

Persis.
http://onestylemile.blogspot.com/

paula said...

one of my favorite combos, beautiful.

erica@ moth design+luxe life said...

I had to come and visit... I was curious when I saw your little black butterfly (I have a moth) You have a lovely blog and a devoted new follower. Look forward to seeing more. xo Erica

http://moth-design.blogspot.com/

Cat said...

I adore the look of black and white with a pop of unexpected color. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails