Monday, April 12, 2010

Two things to ♥


                                                                               
Lemon Meringue Cupcakes that look too good to be true. (Thankfully, the recipe can be found right here:) And  Pretty, witty, stylish prints by mid-century illustrator Lora Lamm.

 In my third year of college, I  had to start every week with an early morning class on 16th century literature; a thought that was anything but encouraging. I must have looked pretty glum boarding my bus on occasion, because there was one driver who would inevitably greet me with a cheery "Chin up doll, only four more 'til the weekend!" It has remained my Monday motto ever since.


3 comments:

Persis said...

haha great motto it is...i think i'll borrow it to tackle my Monday morning blues too =)

Persis
http://onestylemile.blogspot.com/

paula said...

I am thinking i need that cupcake.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful bus drive! Funny how little things can make such a difference... wonder if he ever knew his impact?
I like this motto! peggy

Related Posts with Thumbnails