Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Beauty...



"On a Wednesday" this week, sorry.

As the weather warms up and flip flops seem the most appropriate (no, comfortable) footwear choice again, the poor state of my feet can no longer be ignored. Thoughts inevitably turn to pedicures, and in terms of nail polish, I'm feeling Pillar Box Red.  Isn't it amazing how this colour totally dresses up whatever you happen to be wearing?! Like, right now, I'm in an old pair of {baggy} jeans and my husbands blue and white plaid shirt, my hair in a messy ponytail... And yet, because of my bright red nails I actually feel sort of  pretty. :) ...Another good reason to choose red, is that it goes with absolutely everything, and looks good whether you are gorgeously bronzed, or pale and interesting... It's classic.


Foot Note :)

Although I do get professional pedicures sometimes, I usually prefer to paint my own toe nails. {Perhaps you are also someone who likes to do this on the floor, in the evening, in front of the TV?} "Doing it yourself" has its definite ups: Privacy, speed, cost, no pain/tickling, and downs: Less luxe, shorter lasting results, potential mess. I have yet to spill varnish on our living room rug, but I was pleased to come across this handy tip for when/if there is a mishap:

Dilute a little nail polish remover with water, pour directly onto the stain, then scrub the spill off with a pumice stone.

Now, I can't attest to this actually working, but it does seem quite logical, doesn't it?




Pretty pink, coral and red nail colour from Essie, Chanel and Yves Saint Laurent.
{Images via We Heart it and Harper's Bazaar}

6 comments:

ZAIRA said...

Hi Emelie, thanks so much for your kind words. I'm recovering already... Hugs from me xxx

Diana Mieczan said...

I feel the same...red or dark purple nails make me always feel so good and pretty! I really adore wearing nail polish. Sadly I can’t do it myself. It looks like a disaster when I do it on my own!
I have a friend who is a manicurist and I always go to her for a little chat!
Its fun :)
Kisses

The Zhush said...

Love the Essie and Chanel ones, love to get a peddie!

Lisa Lisa Lisa said...

Thanks for the tip on the polish removal! I too have not had a stain yet... but it is nice to be prepared for the what ifs! =)

Thanks for coming by! I'll have a more active blog next week after all the craziness is over! I did manage to get a post up.

Claire Kiefer said...

I totally prefer to paint my own nails. There's something really soothing to me about sitting in front of the tv and going though the ritual of it . . . I always paint them sitting on my couch, feet up on the coffee table. :)

Tricia Rose said...

I think I DELIBERATELY spilt polish on a carpet I hated.

I do love a pedicure, but hate not knowing how clean the tools are - hate to get fungus toe, oh yuk. Makes doing it a home seem better and better....

Related Posts with Thumbnails