Friday, May 07, 2010

Quote of Note

...As I was chatting with my aunt on the phone this morning, the conversation turned to pets, (she owns two cats) and specifically the challenge of  maintaining a chic, clean living space when you have to factor in dogs/cats. But also how, in spite of this, neither of us can bring ourselves to keep our little darlings off the furniture... (Since getting Moses last spring, I have become a big fan of lint rollers, washable upholstery and great smelling spot cleaners!)  Later, whilst browsing the www, I came across a delightful collection of images on  elledecor.com  entitled " Dog Decor" showing  pooches posing prettily, rather adding to the splendor of their surroundings: It made me very happy - not only to ogle the beautiful rooms and pups - but also because I felt soo much better about my own sloppy standards and lack of disciplinary measures... At least Moses isn't aloud on the bed. Yet.

 Here are a few of my faves...

Um, now this is what I would call a Dressing Room!

I really like the relaxed, inviting style of this Hollywood Hills home...And look how that lab totally ups the cosy factor!

Don't you just love that velvet doggy bed/chaise!? (Or should I say throne?!) Pampered pooch, indeed.


And as always, a few wise words for the weekend...

"In order to keep a true perspective of one's importance,
everyone should have a dog that will worship him
and a cat that will ignore him." Dereke Bruce


Happy Friday, friends! x

5 comments:

Diana Mieczan said...

I have two dogs and they are so sweet but I have the same problem. I wish they could be up on my bed but they dirty everything...Great link and those are adorable!
I love the last one so much!
I can already imagine them sitting on it!
Have a great weekend my dear!
Kisses

Ps: I just got my new button! Would your like to make a swap? I would love to have your button on my blog!
Let me know, sweetie

Viveka W said...

Ah, now I got lot´s of ideas and inspiration for our (cat)home!

Josie said...

That dressing room!! Heavenly...

Have a great weekend xoxo

shari @ little blue deer said...

Oh, that's great! We have 3 cats, and it is a NIGHTMARE keeping the house clean and the furniture free from claws. I love them so much, but it is definitely a price to pay... argh! Oh, button exchange, absolutely! Consider it done! XO!

Lisa Lisa Lisa said...

This makes me laugh because one time I went to a guy's house who I had been on a few dates with. We were cooking dinner together. On the tour of his house, I realized that he had steps to his bed.. for his dogs.... It was a little too weird for me. It was the male version of the cat lady!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails