Monday, May 10, 2010

Red Hot Mama



Mother's Day - such a great invention...because what girl doesn't adore being the cause for special celebration? The more occasions involving flowers, pressies, cards and cake, the better,  right? I also think it gives any mother a brilliant excuse to put her feet up and do nothing on that one day. (This was in fact the only thing my mum would ever ask my brother and me for... )
Alas, Sean and I don't have kids yet, so yesterday wasn't about me.... Instead we had a perfectly lovely time celebrating my mother-in-law... Haha - no, truly it was a very, very nice evening and she happens to be a wonderful woman who deserves all the accolades she can get.  (Besides, no need to feel sorry for me, I expect my time will come... I was also thinking that, since I am part British, part Swedish but live in the US, I could potentially qualify to be celebrated on three different Mother's Days once I have kids! Not bad in terms of future prospects, eh? Not bad at all. :)

I love the portrait (and bathroom, above) of Jenna Lyons Mazeau (fashion visionary at J.Crew) by William Waldron. Glamorous and pretty isn't it?  Just how I envision parenthood... Speaking of, are you watching that show? {Parenthood on NBC} I think it might be my new favourite - the acting is dead on.

Anyways, I wanted to wish all of you American mamas a belated Happy Mother's Day! Hope it was lovely in every way. Xx

11 comments:

Josie said...

Love that bathroom. Love that dress. Love J Crew. Love that baby. Love to be a mama. Love this post! :D

xoxo

Diana Mieczan said...

She looks stunning and the bathroom...wow..I wish I will look so good one day after having a baby :)
Btw: My mom is Polish and she lives in England and I live in Budapest...so she gets to celebrate Mother's day three times a year!
So you will be able to pull it off too :) I am planning to do the same when I have my own :)
Kisses and great post as always!

The Neo-Traditionalist said...

How have I never seen this image of Jenna?! Stunning. Hope you had a lovely mother's day : )

XX katie

Cat said...

Love the glamorous image of motherhood (though I am sure motherhood it not always so glamorous but it always is a gift! :))

Lisa Lisa Lisa said...

That picture is beautiful. The setting, the dress, the pretty baby, just an amazing shot! Thanks for sharing it! It sounds like you had a lovely day uplifting others =)

drollgirl said...

well happy and belated mother's day wishes to YOU! i bet you will be a mom soon, and i think you will revel in it! :)

shari @ little blue deer said...

Yes, I love to hate Jenna Lyons! She's so pretty! And so talented! But yet she makes it look so effortless! Ah, gorgeous pic, hope your day is fabulous!

Tricia Rose said...

I think following you will up my style ante, Emelie!

I asked a friend yesterday to allow me to photograph her hounds on my bed-linens, I think it will look adorable! Maybe I'll have to borrow a baby too...

Ces't La Vie said...

well HELLO there :)
here i am thinking I'm all original haha, i love your blog though. especially the title :)

xoxo
Sara

Ces't La Vie said...

:) absolutely, lets trade!

Le Chateau des fleurs said...

Love the picture...HAHAHA Naked babies are so funny :)
Cute blog!
XOXO
Frenchy

Related Posts with Thumbnails