Monday, July 26, 2010

Homemade Gazpacho


Earlier today, on our balcony...

Sean tried out this recipe yesterday for gazpacho, and the results were heavenly. It took him a little while because of all the prepping required for the veggies, but other than that, I was assured it was an easy and enjoyable process. :) A chilled soup makes for just about the best summer meal, I think. We had the gazpacho as our main course with grilled cheese sandwiches last night, but it would also make a lovely starter for... say a barbecue. The recipe calls for the soup to chill in the fridge over night, but if you make a big batch - you'll have a tasty lunch/dinner option ready to go for days...


6 comments:

Kerri said...

what a nice presentation of that! i just have never been able to eat a cold soup. i wonder what would happen if i just warmed it up and broke the rules! ;)

and YES, you're right- i should've added a line about not being there for the right reasons in my bachelorette song! that cracked me up! :)

Diana Mieczan said...

We do the same...We always make a nice big pot of it and then we have some for the next day lunch:) Yummy...I think I might do it today...Looks really yummy:) Thanks,sweetie and have a great day:)

Anonymous said...

I love Gazpacho but never think about making it... a good reminder... Also, your table setting looks so very lovely! Like out of potter barn or Dwell or ??? Peggy

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

Bon apetite Emelie! xx

shari @ little blue deer said...

Lovely gazpacho! I was just checking your old posts, you know I consider you a good blog friend, mainly because I can tell by your blog that we think the same and have the same aesthetics. You are definitely missed when you're not around! XO!

The Zhush said...

I wish I could grab that spoon right thru my monitor!

Related Posts with Thumbnails