Thursday, November 18, 2010

I'm back baby

Poor neglected little blog... But I'm back now, I'm fairly sure. I knew I needed a hiatus in August, but I certainly didn't expect it to last this long. I'll try to explain: You know when you've eaten too much of something you love? (A special cheese, candy, or often in my case - green olives.) You gorge on it, perhaps daily until you can no longer go near it; the mere thought of it suddenly makes you go - Ugh, no. more. please. 

And then one day you crave it again.

...Speaking of cravings and aversions, I'm pregnant. Actually, I've got less than three months to go now so I guess at this point it's hardly news. So far, it's been wonderful, tiring, joyous, worrying, nauseating (literally), exciting, scary, uncomfortable, cosy, thrilling... I could go on but I won't. Though I will tell you that the first 15 or so weeks were very rough because I felt ill all the time and I really, really didn't want to do anything at all; blogging included.
But then at four months I started to feel a lot better, and since around the time we went back to Sweden for a fall break, things have been pretty good. I'm going to try not to bore you with too many baby details going forward, seeing as this is supposed to be "A Style Blog"...
However, being stylish with a tummy the size of a basketball, a puffy face and sore bosom (TMI, sorry)  isn't easy (to put this in perspective, I'm headed to TARGET later for my maternity fashion fix!) Also, my brain is littered with thoughts of things like crib bedding, car seats and stroller brands, so bear with me...

There we were: Me, the tummy and Sean in Sweden Oct 2010
{Private Image}

Oh, and we're all settled into our new apartment. I know I wrote excitedly about the grand fireplace (my first working one) and I'm happy to report that I've managed to make a perfect, crackling fire twice so far. (It's been so warm or I'd do it every night.) The first time it got a little too "crackling" I suppose, because the Beverly Hills Fire Department showed up within minutes! I had had the brilliant idea of burning a whole bunch of old bills and paperwork, thinking it would be an easy way to safely dispose of things they say you shouldn't put in the rubbish. As it turns out, that much paper causes that much smoke, and (apparently) here in BH people are pretty vigilant about neighbourhood safety and such; someone down the street smelled the air and promptly called 911... Yes, I was embarrassed (there were two trucks and very loud sirens!), and yes, I've learned my lesson. (And yes, the firemen were about as handsome as can be - just like on TV:)

Anyways, I'd invite you in for a little home tour but the place is still too unfinished for me to share pics I can feel good about; I quickly realised that decorating four rooms takes much longer than decorating two (!) It is what it is, a work in progress... I read a quote from some wise interior designer recently, it stated that a real home should be like a living thing that constantly evolves and that is never "done".  So I fight my perfectionist urges and take some comfort in that...

3 comments:

Lisa Michelle Cifuentes said...

Congratulation on the great news and welcome back to blogging!

Tricia Rose said...

How wonderful! You just blog as much or as little as you please - whatever you do, you're already doing something more important!

drollgirl said...

hey! so nice to see you again! and congratulations on the baby!!!

your fire story made me laugh. at least it had a happy ending!

this summer i had a giant to-shred pile from work. rather than sitting at work and shredding piece after piece (ANNOYING AS HELL), i thought i would bring it home and throw it in the bbq pit. well, it was a disaster, kind of like yours. hahahahahah. at least no firetrucks were involved. lol

Related Posts with Thumbnails