Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Snow on Rodeo Drive?




Well not exactly, but tiny bubbles of soap that were designed to look like snow did fall softly over the famous street during a retail extravaganza last Thursday. Sean and I decided to walk up to town and see what all the fuss was about... What we found was a very festive and crowded event, complete with live music and fairytale-esque horse carriages that shoppers could ride for free. Many of the designer stores offered up champagne (that I of course had to pass on), but I was quickly compensated during a stop at Tiffany's, where I sampled delicious warm cider and cookies (and subjected my husband to some not so subtle gift-hinting :). 

As I've mentioned many times before, I do have trouble getting into any real "spirit of the season" here in L.A... (I miss those northerly winds and gloomy December afternoons a little too much I guess!)
But for one night at least, even I had to admit that Christmas - as well as lots and lots of soap foam - was most definitely in the [Beverly Hills] air...

These pics turned out kind of blurry, I know... 
But hopefully you can still make out the pretty horse carriage trotting past Ralph Lauren?


 Fresh flowers right next to shiny ornaments - that's Christmas L.A. style!


A very well decorated tree...

{All images private}


1 comment:

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww that is wonderful...I love those photos and the tree is stunning:) Happy Holidays, my dear

Related Posts with Thumbnails