Monday, January 31, 2011

Spring is in the air

Hi all, so sorry for the lack of updates... Nothing yet in terms of baby news, except an almost unbearable eagerness on our part to finally meet the little man. Two more weeks as of today until the official arrival date (which happens to be Valentine's Day.) Good news; my foot is better! Bad news; the baby is so "low" now that I can hardly walk anyway ...

Thus in need of some diversion, how about a little fashion talk? Having reached week 38, my clothing options are so dismal they are hardly worth mentioning (but I will anyway just for pity's sake). I am currently down to two pairs of maternity leggings, both black, and a couple of huge zip up hoodies. That's it...give or take a few very stretched out tank tops. Good thing I don't really feel like going anywhere or seeing anyone these days (!) ...Anyways, because of this, as well as being someone who genuinely enjoys clothes, I have started to really, really long for the day when I can wear an actual outfit again. I saw a cherry tree in full bloom last week which, as cherry blossoms tend to do, made me feel all "springy" in an instant. A not so quick waddle through Barneys later, and my lust for new season shopping was all but raging.

Alas, before I have lost what feels like a gazillion pregnancy pounds, I must obviously stay disciplined and refrain from realising any serious outfit dreams. But THEN...




I'll start with a preppy but feminine silk blouse, like this cute halter neck by Marc Jacobs...
(Wait, does it have front buttons for nursing? Note to self: Find out.)



 And of course, every spring/summer calls for a good pair of white trousers... These are from the ever classic Jil Sander and would sure do the trick.



I hear that bright accessories are the current order of the day... Since I'll be pushing a pram around, a flat sandal by Lanvin in a delicious, jucy shade of orange feels right and just sensible enough.



New year, new baby... New ME? I've been wearing mostly aviators for the past 10 years now so it probably is time for a change. I like these rather groovy "eight shapes" by Marni.



 And last but not least, what I really want now is a red handbag. I think this little shoulder purse from Derek Lam is perfect in every way. (With the one possible exception of the price tag...)

{All images via Barneys New York}


Ahhh...Back to reality. Reality TV to be exact; The Bachelor is about to start so I've got to go! :) Hey, everyone is granted at least one guilty pleasure, right?

Happy Monday!

4 comments:

Heidi Bruch said...

Ask Sean if he is aware of the traditional "push" present, given to mom on baby's birthday...maybe you will end up with one of these gorgeous items.

Emelie - C'est LA vie said...

:) Oh he is aware all right...

drollgirl said...

i love that silk blouse! and the sunglasses! and the bag! well, i love it all!

and countdown to baby time! how exciting! hang in there!!!!

Kerri said...

i love that blouse!
so how much longer for the baby?!!?

Related Posts with Thumbnails