Thursday, March 03, 2011

Baby Mama

...As I'm discovering what life with a newborn is all about, my biggest realisation is that there simply isn't enough time in the day. Not enough time for things like reading the paper, or cleaning the kitchen, or chatting on the phone, or blow drying my hair... or blogging. Instead, the hours seem to evaporate in a whirlwind of feeding, burping, changing, shushing and cuddling the baby. (I also spend a lot of time thinking about when I will get a chance to sleep next; never did a nap seem so alluring - or elusive...) 

So yes, it's been tiring because it's so different from what I'm used to and I'm adjusting to a whole new schedule, but I would lie if I said I didn't still treasure every minute (well, almost) of motherhood so far. I don't have much in terms of comparison, and of course I am biased, but Noah has turned out to be one sweet little babe with a lovely two week old personality that seems to develop daily in front of our eyes. He has a million different facial expressions depending on his mood, the most darling dimple in his left cheek when he smiles (I know that they say it's only gas, but I choose not to believe that), a totally heart breaking quiver of his chin when he is extra sad and the cutest raspy whiskey voice when he "talks". Oh, and he also likes to nuzzle his little face in the nape of my neck which I just love... People told me this in advance, but never in a million years did I think I would spend hours just gazing in amazement at his sleeping little face...


Siesta in the pram.

Hanging out on the changing table, sporting vintage H&M.
 My mum thoughtfully kept some of our old baby clothes from the 70s,
 thinking they might come in handy again some day...









Ps. It may seem like it, but I actually haven't stopped caring about things like fashion, beauty and interior design. So if you are someone who likes to read this blog because you share my interest in such things, don't give up on me me, I fully intend to return to those subjects very soon. - It's just that for right now, I've mostly got baby on my mind...}

3 comments:

Heidi Bruch said...

Amazing how they take your time up, right?! You will find a groove, once out of the newborn phase and things will get easier. He is so handsome, Emelie. I love the snuggles, too. Babies are addicting. It makes my tummy have butterflies to hear how much you love this. It is just the best!

Tanja Arvidsson Ortner said...

Helt ljuvliga bilder! Så go han är!! Stor kram till er alla!

Kerri said...

oh, he is just so cute. i'm not a mom, and i don't know how you mamma's do it! congrats!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails