Friday, May 06, 2011

Chillin'

...Is something our little family is quite good at. In fact, it pretty much sums up what we've been up to since my last post. (Well, I guess one of us was working some of that time, but as it didn't involve moi I couldn't possibly comment (!)) Anyways, summer came early to L.A. this year and the last few weeks were filled with warm, sunny days when the outdoors beckoned... Since moving here we've discovered several gorgeous parks in Beverly Hills and just last Sunday, Sean, Noah and I whiled the afternoon away in one of them...





Palm trees. They still seem so exotic to me,
even after all these years in California.
 








I swear I could spend all day squeezing those chubby little cheeks...
  
{Private Images}


Things are good with Noah. Great in fact; he still sleeps through the night, eats like a champ, smiles all the time now and has even started to laugh out loud (my usual reward for making a particularly witty remark ;). But mostly he likes to hang out in his lamb chair, pram, on a blanket or our laps; anywhere he can have a look around and just relax...
At the pediatrician's recommendation, we've started a "bedtime routine" at the same time every night which involves a bath, a swaddle, feeding and a few lullaby's in the rocking chair. This is so cosy and probably my favourite time of the day. Best of all? It works like a charm; the little bean is always in bed before 8pm now, freeing up the whole evening for us to enjoy ourselves (and lets face it, the television...) And on that note, was I to dispense of just one nugget of baby wisdom, (as a seasoned parent of almost 12 weeks!) it would be to promote the utter wonder that is the swaddle. Wrapping Noah snugly in one of his little blankets before bedtime is literally like pushing a magic button; it immediately relaxes his entire body, making him yawn withing seconds. Because of this, I am nervous about the fast approaching day when my little boy will be too big to bundle. Our baby book says to stop swaddling around three months or so, as that marks the end of the "newborn stage". It feels like Noah was born like, yesterday, - yet here we are, passing milestones already...



4 comments:

Heidi Bruch said...

He is handsome. Whenever anyone says their baby doesnt sleep the first thing I say is do you swaddle and, put them to bed earlier! You guys are doing great and so glad you are enjoying this all. I swaddled Hayden until 7.5 months using the "swaddle me" blankets with Velcro. I swaddled Caroline until 5 months....she did not need it as long. Little tip, when you think he may be ready, try swaddling with one arm out and see how he does. I wish I could pinch those cheeks, too. I love your handsome little guy. xoxo

Tanja Arvidsson Ortner said...

Naaw, så fin han är Emelie! Vill träffa honom NU!!! Superfint kort på dig och Noah. Kraam!

Christi said...

Emily LOVED, and I mean loved, to be swaddled. We did so until she was about 4 months old, then we started to wean her from it...one arm out, both arms out, freedom! :) We pretty much lived by the book, Happiest Baby on the Block, until then. Swaddling was one of the key "5 s'".

He is such a handsome boy, Emelie. Happy first Mother's Day to you!

H.D.O. said...

You are right - the swaddle is the best invention, and we are STILL swaddling an 8 MONTH old Flora. Mind you, we'll ween her within the next few weeks, but it has just worked wonders for us!
Can't wait to squeeze those cheeks in person!

Related Posts with Thumbnails