Monday, June 20, 2011

Four Months

I was considering changing the title of C'est LA vie - a Style blog to Noah James - a Baby blog. I felt it might be more...uhm, honest at this point. :) I won't though, partly because it would just be such a hassle - what with redesigning the header etc., and partly because I still harbour some hope that a time will come when I regain interest for things other than my own child. (!)  "Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks", I guess...  (Anyways, just thought I'd mention this so that you know that I know, you know?)

Now, back to what's important, namely the fascinating intricacies of Noah's development!  ...Still reading? I appreciate it, I really do. Below is a quite detailed account of what's going on now that he is four months.





At the standard check up last week, our little big boy weighed in at 16lb, 7.3kg (75%) and measured 25", 63.5cm  (60%). Here are some more stats... Sleeping: still so good I (almost) don't want to jinx it by bragging... lets just say that I rarely have to get up before 7.30 these days. Bedtime has actually gotten a lot quicker since we graduated from the swaddle to the sleep sack (and he found his thumb). We put him in the crib a little before 8pm every night and within minutes he's suckling away, getting himself to sleep... Feeding: Well, no problem there, he is still as hungry as ever, and has even started to show some interest in our food, which makes me hopeful for the introduction of solids next month. (Side note: Noah has taken to mimicking us, which is funny...Sometimes I'm nursing while talking on the phone, and if I laugh, he immediately stops feeding, looks up at me with big eyes and then he laughs too. :)
 Exercise: Tummy Time - meh, doesn't like it much and protests by rubbing his little nose in the blanket, making angry, frustrated grunts. But we're working on it...  Actually, he much prefers sitting, or indeed standing on sturdy little legs in our laps, so perhaps he'll skip that silly crawling business altogether and go straight to walking instead! He outgrew the bassinet about a month ago, and today we were able to take out the infant insert from the car seat. Play: Toys have become much more interesting lately; he can lie forever on a blanket staring, batting and chatting away at his various animal friends (most of whom inevitably end up in his slobbery little mouth before long!) He found his toes just the other day, which is just the cutest, and he has hardly let go of them since... Still, nothing delights this mini Narcissus more than catching a glimpse of his own reflection, so we spend a lot of time in front of mirrors!
...Quite the little bon vivant, he loves his bath time and the nightly massage daddy often gives him. He likes listening to music and he also cheers up whenever we go outside (which is nice, as it makes every outing soo worth the effort!) Oh, and to my great relief he has gotten used to shopping and can easily spend 30 min or so in a store now without complaining! His voice is deep and a little husky, as is his cry. He's become more attention seeking than before and he does have a temper, but normally keeps it under wraps until he's really hungry or really tired. If you smile at him he instantly smiles back, and if you kiss his little face he opens his mouth very wide and turns towards you as if he's trying to (french:) kiss you right back. And he jabbers and he drools and he cuddles and he laughs and he sticks his tongue out...
And I have a total crush on him because he literally makes my day, every day.

Now let's just hope that lasts... :)



2 comments:

Heidi Bruch said...

Kisses through the internet. He is so handsome and I LOVE this age. Everything from here gets cuter and cuter (if it is possible?!) So much personality is coming your way. It is soooo fun! So glad to see you are enjoying mommyhood so much. There is nothing like it! xx

Kerri said...

oh emelie, i understand about the focus on your child!! how could you not be all noah?!?! i'm almost this way with my puppies!! they're all i care about. i keep thinking i'll regain other interests eventually...

Related Posts with Thumbnails