Sunday, September 11, 2011

Shop Talk

(Turns out I'm in an unusually bloggy mood; I don't think I've ever done two posts in one day before... Although it is late, so I guess technically it's already tomorrow.) 

...Late afternoon the weather cleared up so we decided to finally get dressed and venture out for some coffee and a stroll around the neighbourhood. As so often happens, we wound up at Barneys where I stopped by the Kiehl's counter to stock up on some of my beauty go-to's... Kiehl's is just such a classic, dependable brand; For soft, shiny hair you can't go wrong with their Creme with Silk Groom, I've mentioned Creme the Corps before of course, and have you tried the Ultra Facial Cleanser? I've used it on and off for years now and it remains one of my absolute favourite products for achieving clear, healthy looking skin. - It's so nice when stuff actually does what it says on the box, isn't it?
Anyways, as you may have noticed if you read my posts often, I love Barneys and reference it regularly in this blog. Their selection of goods is tasteful and nicely edited so that you feel you've got choice without being overwhelmed. It's posh, sure, but still maintains a bit of an edge and the service is friendly as opposed to snooty. Mostly though, I love that when I'm in the store or on the website, I always seem to find what I didn't know I was looking for, which adds a nice element of surprise to the whole shopping experience.  Today I made my special discovery in the kids section, where it took me all about a few seconds to lay eyes on this handsome elephant, instantly recognising him as a future friend of Noah's. :)



Isn't he a dear? We think his name might be Eli.
Jellycat Medium Pelhamby Elephant
via Barneys.




Since so much of my shopping is child related these days, I thought I'd add a new blog category for this purpose. From now on, all my baby buying memoirs will be filed under "Kid Shop" in the category list (upper left corner). Pretty great, huh? ... :)




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh, I love Eli and what a sweet friend he will make for Noah! (And it made me smile to see another OT name... Noah, Moses and now Eli!)
As always, the blog cheers me up and reminds me of my many blessings!!!
love xxoo Peggy

Emelie - C'est LA vie said...

Haha! I hadn't even thought of that... I was thinking Eli as in el..(i)ephant :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails